Monday, December 21, 2009

I love you

Like most of you we have had a very busy December. From Christmas Tree hunting to ugly sweater and white elephant parties we have had a great time. We went up to Idaho City again this year and got our Christmas Tree, Jefferson did a great job picking it out, and the kids did a great job decorating it. Shad got to put the star on with a little help and was so proud. He loves helping his dad. Shad and Mylee also got to ride in the Kuna Holiday parade with Grandpa and Grandma Hunt. They had a great time riding in the trailer behind Grandpa's 4-wheeler. Alright, well to start I can't believe that Christmas is this week! Thankfully we are pretty much ready. I have really been trying to get Shad to realize that just because he asks for something for Christmas doesn't mean he is going to get it...considering he asked for a yellow rocket ship with a control to fly it to the moon. Thats a big order and we haven't been able to find a 4 yr old friendly rocket. O well I'm sure he'll love what he gets. Mylee wants a kitchen and I'm pretty sure Santa can fill that order. Lorna is very alert and aware of everything around her including food so she will be getting her hi-chair for Christmas. We celebrated with the Hunt side of the family Saturday and it was a lot of fun as always. Shad got a helicopter and airplane that he loves and has been playing with none stop. Mylee and Lorna both got beautiful Christmas dresses that they wore to church yesterday, and they both looked adorable. Jefferson & I got some huge fluffy towels which we both love. Lorna is getting close to rolling from her back to her stomach, but can't quite get over. She is growing way to fast. We were lucky to have Jefferson home from work 2 1/2 days last weeek and loved every minute of it. Christmas should be a lot of fun this year, we are looking forward to spending time together with family. Mylee is getting good at saying her own prayers and blesses all of us multiple times. She also blesses Jefferson's boss Jeremiah multiple times that he will feel better. He hasn't been sick as far as any of us know, but maybe she knows something we don't. Some fun stuff that our sweet Shad has said lately...In his prayers the other night he thanked Heavenly Father for his "great big dad" Yesterday we were getting ready to leave church and Shad said he needed to tell the Bishop something. Jefferson said, "he's busy" because he was getting ready to take a family in for tithing settlement but Shad insisted so Jefferson told him to go ahead-he ran down the hall and said, "Bishop, I love you" Bishop I think was a little suprised, but said "I love you too Shad" It was too sweet, so on the way home we asked what made him want to tell Bishop that and his reply was, "I was just thinking about it" We talked about how the Holy Ghost can help us know when to say things and when we do what he tells us to then we feel good. It was a good teaching moment. I can just imagine how Bishop felt. I love those little moments when my kids out of know where say, "Mom I love you" Today before Jefferson got home Shad said, "Mom, I really need some dad power" What? He is hilarious. Jefferson got home and Shad said, "Dad, I still really need some of your power...I need some dad power" It's no mistake dads have super powers and Shad wants some of them I guess. Today he also called Mylee his sidekick. Boy do I love my little man.








6 comments:

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

Merry Christmas! Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe how big Lorna is. I hope your holidays are wonderful!!

Kami Satterlee said...

SO cute. I love Shads I love you to the bishop what a precious little boy you have. Merry Christmas friend, although we never see eachother I love hearing about your little fam.

Leah said...

I love the family photo. Lorna is getting so big; just love her smile. Still planning on having you guys over in January for dinner. It is well overdue.

Amy Michelle said...

I LOVE your family photo! So adorable! Your family is such a delight.

Connie said...

I love the new family photo!

Stephen & Kendra said...

Your family is too cute and I love hearing about them too. Lorna is so stinkin' cute. We should seriously get together. I really had fun with you during the play dates.