Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Major Update

Ok. I have to appologize in advance for the long post with no pictures, but pictures will be coming as soon as we get into the new house & I have my computer back. I know I haven't posted anything since March, and I've heard about it from my sweet husband, but in my defense....we've been a little busy! Since then we celebrated our 6 year anniversary, and Jefferson turned 29! Things have been absolutely crazy...and it all started when we put our house on the market in March, 5 wks later we had an offer. They wanted to close May 12th so I got busy packing and we started looking for houses. We found a much bigger house on a bigger lot for a great deal, and are currently waiting to close on it. Although I am very excited that we were able to sell our house fairly quickly it was a bittersweet day when we left our first little house. We bought that house 9 months after we got married and have filled it with 3 little kids. We had amazing neighbors and will miss them so much. We are looking forward to the adventure that awaits us. We are living with my parents until we are able to close. A week after we moved in our sweet Lily dog was hit by a car and died. This was a horrible night for Jefferson and I. We told the kids the next day, and the next few days were very hard. I won't forget coming home from church the Sunday after it happened and Shad "whistled" and called "Lily" then got a sad look on his face and said, "oh yeah" the poor kid was heart broken, but we assured him we could get another dog someday. The plan was to find a dog after we moved to the new house, but that didn't happen, we now have a 10 wk old puppy named Casey. She is a lab/vizla mix and looks a lot like Lily did when she was a puppy. I'm wondering why I told Jefferson he could get another puppy because she is a lot of work, but the kids love her and I love seeing how happy they are. Shad played his first season of T-ball this year, and it was a lot of fun to watch him. He definitely doesn't have any killer instinct, yet anyway. Everytime he would run home, he had his arms straight out like an airplane. It was fun to see how much he progressed. He also finished his second year of playschool, and graduated with two of his cousins. Mylee is growing so much. She is sassy as ever and turning into a little girl. She loved watching Shad's games and talks about having a pink mit and helmet like one of the girls that was on Shad's team. Lorna is now almost 10 months old. She has 1 tooth, crawls all over the place, stands up next to things walks around furniture and has stood by herself for seconds at a time. She is so busy and therefore so am I. Jefferson is working as hard as ever and we appreciate him so much. We are all looking forward to nicer weather so we can get on the lake. Stay tuned for pics of the new puppy and the new house!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hurray, thanks for the update. Sorry about the dog. When you get a chance look at our new dog. She is a sweet baby too.

Leah said...

Oh I am so sorry about Lily. How terrible to go through that and explain to little ones. Remember us when you guys get your house and move in. We'll be there to help.