Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun

I know it's almost been a year since I have posted anything, how sad is that. Even sadder is that I'm not going to take the time to download any pictures with this post! However, I am going to try to update on all of the fun and important things we have done in the past 11 months :) First things first...Shad boy turned five in October and we had a great time celebrating his birthday at the corn maze again. Emillee and Jared were here and came up with a cute treasure hunt for the kids to do and they all had a great time. November I turned 28 and celebrated having my husband home again in the evenings after the maze season ended. During Thanksgiving break Jefferson and I were able to go and do sealings at the temple with my parents and 6 of my 7 siblings and their spouses--it was such a neat experience. Thanksgiving day Jefferson announced to my family that we would be having another baby by saying he was "thankful for good swimmers" Shad and Mylee and even Lorna were a lot of fun at Christmas this year. They were all happy with what they got. Shad got a remote control helicopter, Mylee got 7 princess barbies and Lorna got a drum filled with other musical insturments (what was Santa thinking?) Jefferson had the whole month of February off, and it was a lot of fun to have him home, but he did go down to Arizona for a couple weeks with my bro in-law so we missed him. Spring went by really fast...Jefferson turned 30 in March and we also celebrated our 7th anniversary by spending a night at the anniversary inn we had a ton of fun and it was nice to get away without the kids before we added another one to the mix. As fast as spring went by this summer has flown. In June we welcomed our sweet baby girl Oakley Jude Hunt. She has been such a blessing. Her brother and sisters love her so much even though Shad bawled when she was born and he found out she was a girl. He wanted a brother so bad, but fell in love with her as soon as he saw her. Jefferson is staying busy with work and I am staying busy with 4 kids under the age of 6! In the next few weeks we will be celebrating girls birthdays and the boy will be starting school. He is so excited and I am excited for him. That's what we have been up to, and now that I am kind of caught up I can find all the pictures that go with these various things & post them in the near future. If you read all of that you really do love me, or you just have too much time on your hands. :) Either way, thanks for checking in on my neglected blog.

3 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Of course I'd read it all! :) Lots of info put short and sweet. I can't wait to see the pics...especially of Oakley. Congrats!

Connie said...

Yeah you are back on the radar! Thanks for the post. You forgot how you painted 6 rooms in your house with 3 levels while you were 9 months pregnant!
I am glad we got to see you for a brief moment this summer. LOVE you.

Cammy Patton said...

Congrats on your 4th baby - we should get our kids together sometime to play. I think the younger 3 are all about the same age. I am glad to see you are all doing well! :)