Monday, September 5, 2011

Life happens

In June this year we welcomed another beautiful girl to our family. Oakley Jude is such a good baby and we love having her in our family. Shad has loved her since the second he saw her, but had a melt down when he found out she was a girl. My mom was bringing the kids up to see her, and had put some clothes together for her, and Shad says, "Grandma, sometimes my dad kids, do we have some boy clothes, just in case?" What a sweet boy. He is a great big brother to all of his sisters. August came and so did my big girls birthdays :) Mylee turned 4 and according to her she "feels older" Mylee is such a good helper and is very sensative to other peoples feelings. She is all girl and loves to wear skirts and princess shoes. She also loves playing with her baby dolls. Every baby doll in our house has been named Oakley and Mylee and Lorna are often found pushing the babies in the doll strollers or feeding them their bottles. They are such cute little moms. Lorna turned the dreadful 2. Although I think shes had the attitude of a 2 year old for quite a while. She is one stubborn child, lucky for her she is cute, sometimes its her only saving grace. Lorna loves playing with her brother and sister and absolutely loves to have her picture taken. Her favorite part is seeing the picture when your done taking it. Now onto my boy who is grown up and a big kindergartener! We had been talking to Shad about how his dad could give him a blessing before school started if he wanted so Sunday night before bed he received a very special blessing. When he was done Lorna went and sat in the chair, and that lead to all of us receiving blessings. It was a very neat experience and one I hope the kids will remember. As I tucked Shad into bed he said, "Mom, I liked my blessing" I told him I was glad and asked if he knew who all those neat things had come from to which he replied "Heavenly Father" My boy knows that his Heavenly Father loves him! I went to bed and was so emotional. The water works started my boy was going to school and I wouldn't be there to protect him from the mean things kids might say or do. I won't be there to make sure he's not the kid being mean. I had so many thoughts and emotions and yet after all of it, I knew he would be ok. He went his first full day and rode the bus home. The girls and I walked out to get him off the bus and he was happy to see us, but got on his scooter and was half way down the street before I had even turned the stroller around. His independence is hard for this mom to take. Part of me just wanted him to tell me how much he missed me, and yet thats not the way it works. He is growing up and theres nothing I can do to stop that, I just have to enjoy the little moments. More to come later & pictures I promise but for now I'm going to go and enjoy my littles.

No comments: